Friday, August 1, 2008

Aug 1

Aug 1 - 10.56 km
E.M. calls me in the morning to tell me about the sign at Knox United. Limp is the order of the day, I've been complying by limping all over town. E. wanted to know if I had done an intervention, I say that it was a psychogeographic intervention only.
I pass by the church on my way to coffee, Jen (coffee person) tells me that the grain workers union is going to acknowledge my donation in their upcoming newsletter. Spend the rest of the day in gallery and park, the long walk yesterday calls for an easy couple of days - the "limp" admonition at Knox United reminds me of this. Walk with J.N. after lunch - go down to Regina College and talk about Architecture and Regina Art History. View Clifford Wiens' mysterious cube.
Return to gallery and process info till close to closing time - manage to avoid being locked in again for the evening.
Chat with C.W. on phone back at apt while waiting for video to render then walk over to local wine bar for dinner and to read Will Self's book "Psychogeography". In the text of his book Self is walking through Queens & Brooklyn N.Y. while I'm in Regina eating a salami and bell pepper pizza surrounded by the celebrants of a young man's 29th birthday. Lots of cellphone activity going on in restaurant. Chat with C.W. again myself.
While at wine bar I'm noticing that Regina is a tattoo town - lots of Tinkerbelles of various ferocities as well as other images.
Return to lodgings to finish video and burn DVD.

No comments: