Saturday, August 2, 2008

Aug 2

Aug 2 - 15.26 km
Get newspapers and read obituary of Victoria B.C. artist Fenwick Landsdowne while at coffee, interesting that for the most part you can only read in-depth articles on Canadian artists is in their obituaries.
There was also a good article about Japanese author Haruki Murakami, both articles in the Globe and Mail.
This is my day to spend the afternoon in the gallery although there is a very weak internet connection and it's difficult to work on blog.
After spending pleasant 3 hrs. at Dunlop I rush out to buy mor ink for printer, the only printer i didn't bring spare cartridges for. Before leaving I haul printers and other material I will need for the weekend back to the lodgings as the gallery is closed for the next two days.


Walk up Albert to business supply store and then down to Bushwakker Brewing Co. for beer and dinner. On the way pass by Sarcan recycling depot and Flamen's automaton. this reminds me of the growning pile of empty bottles at the lodgings and the difficulty of recycling when on foot. I need a shopping cart to haul the bottles around.
Have a glass of Granny's bitter at Bushwakkers - it's been extremely hot today and I found out that I missed the Buffalo days parade this morning - finish dinner and second glass of Granny's bitter & consider a glass of Laphroaig for dessert but thankfully reject the idea. Walk back to lodgings.

No comments: