Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Aug 5

Aug 5 - 8.77 km
Pick up newspapers relatively early - Globe and Mail & weekend New York Times & go to favorite coffee shop to read. After newspapers spend the rest of the morning & early afternoon working at lodgings, gallery, and Victoria park. Stop at hot-dog cart and have a fabulous sausage on a bun with the works - ketchup, hot mustard, pickles, sauerkraut, green and black olives. After lunch I pick up the Regina Post-Leader and go to alternate coffee shop for a cup of tea.
Wander around park and environs - photograph the two "Municipal Hail" buildings - the old and the new - then back to the gallery for a bit. It starts to rain as I'm inside so wait the storm out inside the front entrance as I'm carrying lots of stuff. Guard strikes up conversation with me about how life is over at sixty and a person had better wish for a healthy life rather than a long one. On that note I dash back out through traffic into park. The folk festival crews are starting to set up for the weekend. Back at the lodgings I watch a DVD of "The Devil's Backbone" by Guillermo Del Toro. An excellent film.

No comments: