Sunday, August 3, 2008

Aug 3

Aug 3 - 19km
Spend morning with feet up, no papers on Sunday. Have coffee and putz.
Around 1pm walk south toward University of Regina campus, going through Wascana park. When on campus I walk around First Nations University by architect Richard Cardinal - it reminds me of visiting the RCMP centre on the other side of town, a building influenced (at the minimum - I'm not sure of the total involvement) by Arthur Erikson. Stop at Fine Arts but that part of the building is locked up. Walk through the neighborhoods on way back to shopping area on Albert. Find specialty wine store and buy same wine I get at skid row liquor store - an Argentinian malbec. Get some groceries at Safeway and continue walking through neighborhoods on my way towards downtown. Stroll around Victoria park and then back to lodgings for the evening.

No comments: