Friday, August 8, 2008

Aug 7

Aug 7 - 22.88 km

Decide to do a walking day today. After morning coffee and papers drop by gallery briefly to pick up material to take back to lodgings. On the way back make appointment with the hot-dog vendor at the south east corner of park for a grayson sausage on bun for about 20 minutes in the future. Unfortunately I was delayed and didn't get back for about 30 min. by which time it was just past noon and therefore a long line-up. After a 20 min. wait I had to settle for a bratwurst on a whole wheat bun. Still delicious.
After lunch I start walking north through the industrial area between Broad and Albert in the general direction of the Sherwood Park branch of the Dunlop Art Gallery . On the way I pass by the Regina cemetery again and once again my GPS unit starts acting erratically - I look up and see that I'm also right underneath a cell-phone tower. I think this is the reason.
I hope to see the show "Garden Folk" before leaving. I've never managed to make it to the Sherwood Park branch any of the times I've been in Regina. Don't make it this time either. Extremely hot day and my ankle is a bit tender today so I wimp out about 3/4 of the way there and start curving back over to the north-east side. Stop at video store and pick up some used DVDs - "The Prisoner" -a documentary about a journalist imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay (the U.S. war on terror has been a huge boost for the documentary industry if nothing else), Gary Burns' "Radiant City", "As you Like It - Shakespeare", and "Paris - Je T'aime" - a multiple director meditation on the city of Paris.
Continue on my back to Broad Street on an unsuccessful search for a Moto-Guzzi dealership, then loop over to Winnipeg Street and back down south through the industrial east side. Back to lodgings through Victoria Park - the set-up for the folk festival is well underway. In the evening watch "Radiant City", an excellent film - by which I mean that it is an ambitious film that overcomes it's problems.

No comments: