Saturday, July 26, 2008

July 26

July 26 - 19.50 km.
Get newspapers and go for home-cooked breakfast fry-up with CW at a local restaurant.
Walk out to airport to see CW off (walking with CW of course). Route back into town is along Regina avenue via Wascana park. cut back over to 13 ave. to shop for sausages and fresh pesto. After leaving shop I step into a hole in the pavement on 13 ave. and get a bad ankle sprain. Fell on my face in front of traffic stopped to let me cross, very embarrassing and painful. Limp back to shops and sit on edge of planter til worst of the pain passes. Had conversation with a fellow who sat down with me. He looked like he had been badly beaten and was wearing a hospital bracelet. He wanted to know what I was doing with a camera.
Limp back to apartment and put on ankle bandage (never travel without one!). Walk back over to gallery to work. The library closed while I was working in the gallery and when I left i found myself locked in. Embarrassing again. E Mcluhan came out to rescue me.
Go back to apartment for the evening to ice ankle and hide out.

No comments: